This section includes these pages:
- International (non-U.S.) laws
- U.S. national, state and local laws
- An analysis and status of HR 386 (U.S. law in 2011-2012 Congress)
- A proposed laser law (improved version of HR 386)
- If you are writing a laser law... (suggested definitions and concepts related to legal restrictions on laser use and devices)
- U.S. regulatory agencies
- Federal rules for consumers owning or using lasers in the U.S.
- Federal rules for sellers of laser pointers in the U.S.
- Federal rules for users of lasers outdoors in the U.S. (example: LIDAR, astronomy, laser shows)
- What happens if you break the rules? (For those selling laser pointers)
If you have knowledge of laser laws in your own country, especially laser pointer use and importation laws, write to us. We would like to add this information -- and of course, you will be credited and linked if you want.
In addition, some pages in the “How to reduce incidents” section may be of interest:
How to reduce incidents
- For laser pointer users
- For laser pointer sellers
- For pros using lasers outdoors
- For pilots
- For airlines and FAA
- For FDA/CDRH
- Tax handheld lasers?